Chocolate Angel Food Cake and Raspberry Parfait
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay, 2007
Show: Boy Meets Grill
Total Time:10 min
Prep :10 min
* 1 store bought chocolate angel food cake, cut into cubes
* 1/4 cup framboise
* 1 cup very cold heavy cream
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 3 tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 pint fresh raspberries
* Grated bittersweet chocolate
Drizzle cake cubes with framboise and toss to combine.
Using a hand held mixer, beat together the cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Keep cold until ready to serve.
Place a few cubes of the angel food cake in the bottom of 4 parfait glasses. Top with a few tablespoons of the chocolate cream, a few tablespoons of raspberries and a little grated chocolate. Repeat to make 4 layers, ending with chocolate cream. Garnish with a few raspberries and grated chocolate.