Chocolate Covered Strawberries
"This is the simplest version of chocolate covered strawberries I know. Paraffin was originally used instead of shortening. Turn the strawberries upside down and insert by the toothpicks into a piece of styrofoam for easy cooling, or simply place them on a sheet of wax paper. White chocolate may be drizzled over the milk chocolate for a fancier look. They are perfect for weddings when decorated with frosting bow ties, bells, butterflies, roses, etc."
Prep Time: 15 Min
Ready In:15 Min
Original Recipe Yield 3 cups
* 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons shortening
* 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
1. Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
3. Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 115 | Total Fat: 7.3g | Cholesterol: 6mg