Cocktail Birthday Cake recipes
By: SEBRING SOCKS
"Two types of bread, ham and salami are layered with a mustard butter and frosted with cream cheese, curry powder and almonds to create a fun, delicious "cake" that is cut up into little pieces and served cold. The curry powder may be omitted."
Prep Time:5 Hrs 20 Min
Ready In:5 Hrs 20 Min
Original Recipe Yield 24 servings
* 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
* 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 16 slices rye bread
* 1/2 pound boiled ham, thinly sliced
* 16 slices white bread
* 1/2 pound cooked ham, thinly sliced
* 1/2 pound salami, thinly sliced
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
* 4 1/2 ounces toasted almonds
1. In a small bowl, mix the butter and mustard.
2. Remove crusts from the bread slices. On a small cookie sheet, arrange 4 rye slices to form a square. Spread slices with a layer of mustard butter. Top with 4 slices of boiled ham. Top the boiled ham with four slices of white bread arranged in a square. Spread with mustard butter. Top with 4 slices of cooked ham. Top the cooked ham with four slices of rye bread arranged in a square. Spread with mustard butter. Top with 4 slices of salami. Repeat until 8 alternating layers have been created. Trim overhanging meat.
3. Place a small cookie sheet on top of the layers. Weigh down the cookie sheet with a bowl so as to lightly flatten the layers into a thinner, square cake. Continue flattening and refrigerate a minimum of 5 hours.
4. Frost the chilled cake on all sides with cream cheese and curry powder. Decorate with almonds. Refrigerate until serving.
5. To serve, cut into quarters, then six cubes per quarter resulting in 24 pieces.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 334 | Total Fat: 23.7g | Cholesterol: 60mg
Sunday, January 29, 2012
6:37 PM Birthday Cake recipes, cake recipes, cakes, Chocolate cake recipes, food and drinks, healthy recipes, Raspberry, recipes, Valentine's Day, Valentine's Recipes No comments