Neapolitan Bundt Cake
"Strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla striped cake . . . it's quite delicious!"
Original Recipe Yield 8 servings
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
* 1 cup water
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
* 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
* 3 drops red food coloring
* 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
* 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Blend the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs on low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the bundt pan.
3. Measure 1/2 of the remaining batter into a small bowl and stir in the strawberry extract and food color (as much as you want to make a pretty, dark pink color). Carefully pour this into the pan.
4. Stir 1/4 cup chocolate syrup into the remaining batter and carefully pour this into the pan on top of the strawberry batter.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. Cool 15 minutes.
6. Remove from pan and drizzle chocolate glaze over the top.
7. To make chocolate glaze: Mix together confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup until smooth. If necessary, a few drops of water or a small amount of additional confectioners' sugar may be added until the desired consistency is obtained. Drizzle over top of the bundt cake.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 446 | Total Fat: 15.9g | Cholesterol: 79mg
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
8:11 PM cake recipes, cakes, Chocolate cake recipes, food and drinks, healthy recipes, Raspberry, recipes, Valentine's Day, Valentine's Recipes 3 comments